25 November 2010

On my way! (Hopefully)

Well I'm writing this first post as all of the cable news channels are flooded with stories out of Korea about the recent assault on a South Korean island near the maritime border between South Korea and North Korea.  I can't say that I am particularly thrilled with this news, but as long as further escalation of military activity does not occur I will still be on my flight to Seoul come Sunday afternoon.  I would of course rather be going over under better circumstances, but considering that this sort of thing has been happening for 60 years I'm not too worried.  I was actually considering switching my teaching destination to Taiwan, but I feel like I've put too much time into setting this up to a let a little thing like war get in the way.  I sold my car on Monday and I was up to the Korean consulate in New York last week to secure my work visa.


   6 years I drove this thing around

I'm not sure how often I will be updating the blog, but I hope to be able to document some of the more exciting events of my stay in South Korea.  Assuming everything goes as planned I will be in South Korea from November 29, 2010 to December 1, 2011 with a couple of trips to Japan mixed in during that time.  I am extremely excited and I will be sure to update the blog once I've arrived and gotten settled into my new place.  I'll be posting some of my pictures on here, but if you would like to see all of them I have a flickr account.  You can also contact me through skype or gchat.

I'll miss ya America.  Annyeonghi gyeseyo.

1 comment:

  1. No! The Cougar is gone? NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete